September 23, 2020 • 0 comments
We LOVE fajitas in our house. There is something beautiful about a dish that is so simple, but is still so delicious. Another wonderful thing about this dish is that it's not one size fits all. Each person can put exactly the right amount of fixings on their tortilla to fit their palette. This recipe is also very flexible, feel free to mix and match whatever veggies you have on hand to make your fajitas unique.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Servings: 4-6
- (1 package) Minute Steak
- (2) Garlic Cloves
- (4) Limes
- (2 Tbsp) Vegetable Oil
- (1 tsp) Ground Cumin
- Salt & Pepper
- (1) Small Red onion
- (1) Red Bell Pepper
- (1) Green Bell Pepper or Poblano Chile
- (1) Squash
- (1) Zucchini
- (2) Ripe Avocados
- (8-12) Tortillas
- Queso Fresco
- Sour Cream
- Fresh Salsa
- Garlic Salt
- Cut steak into thin strips and place the cuts into a large zipper plastic bag.
- Mince one of the garlic cloves and add them to the zipper bag
- Juice 2 of the limes into the zipper bag.
- Add 1 tbsp of vegetable oil, 1/2 tsp of salt, and a 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Seal the bag and spread the meat and marinade around in the bag. Let the bag rest while prepping the veggies.
- Thinly slice the onion. Separate out a small portion and then mince about 2 tsb of onion. Set the minced portion to the side. Place the thin sliced portion of onion in a larger bowl.
- Seed and slice the peppers, Cut zucchini and squash into thin slices, and add all to the bowl with sliced onions.
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the pits. Remove all of the flesh from each avocado into a bowl. Mix with salt, pepper, garlic salt and an additional squeezed lime to taste.
- Heat a deep skillet over medium-high heat and add 1 tbsp of of vegetable oil. When the oil is shimmering, add the contents of the vegetable bowl to the skillet. Mince the remaining garlic clove and add it to the mixture. Add 1/2 tsp of salt and paper. Cook until veggies are tender, but crisp. Remove veggies from skillet to large dish.
- Add meat and marinade to the hot pan and sprinkle the meat with salt and pepper. Sauté the meat, periodically stirring, until the meat is medium rare. Transfer the meat to the large dish with the veggies.
- Cook down the remaining marinade in the pan until it reduces some. Then, pour over the meat and veggies.
- Warm the tortillas on a plate and cut the remaining lime into wedges
- Lay out the platter of meat, veggies, warm tortillas, guacamole, cheese, sour cream, lime wedges, and salsa on the table and make your own personal fajitas just the way you like them.
It's that easy. This is a quick and easy recipe that anybody can make. This recipe is our own spin on a recipe from One Pan, Whole Family by Carla Snyder.